Care of the Mouth After Extraction
1. Do not rinse mouth today – Tomorrow, rinse mouth gently every 3-4 hours using 1/4 teaspoon salt to a glass of warm water. Continue rinses for several days.
2. Bleeding – Some bleeding is to be expected. Place gauze over extraction site bite down firmly for 30 minutes. Repeat if needed.
3. Pain – Take 3, 200mg Ibuprofen tablets and 1 Acetaminophen (500mg) every 8 hours
4. Swelling – Ice bag or chopped ice wrapped in a towel should be applied to the operated area of the face 1/2 hour on and 1/2 hour off for 4-5 hours.
5. Food – a light diet is advisable during the first 24 hours.